Saturday, February 18, 2012

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose


This morning at the market my mum told us about a lecture she heard on her pd day. The talk was about what really makes people happy. One suggestion the speaker had was to remind yourself daily of the things you are grateful for. It is so easy to focus on the negative aspects of the daily grind and overlook all of the things that make us happy. So, in the pursuit of happiness here are a few things I am grateful for today (in no particular order of course):

{the fact we live in Halifax}

We woke up to beautiful snow and by the time we got home from the market it was rainy. Ideal weather? Not by any measure. Yet living in Halifax is something I am truly grateful for. If you are lucky enough to live by the sea you are lucky enough. Right?



{Saturdays at the market}

This morning Violet wore her Christmas dress from two years ago to the market. I have to pick my battles. Going to the market is one of the highlights of our week; we meet my parents, drink great coffee, indulge in a breakfast of our own choosing and Violet plays with the first friend she made herself. Even though it is early and I can't believe we set an alarm on Saturday, I wouldn't change a thing.


{great friends}

Tonight we had lovely friends over for dinner. There were a few meltdowns (kids only) but it was so worth it to share time with a family we all get along with so well. Jeff made awesome pasta and I made lemon loaf (and it worked the first time). It is always worth the planning to get together.

Check out the recipe for the lemon loaf here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-yogurt-cake-recipe/index.html 


{my sweet husband}

I may have dropped some major hints that just because we were married it didn't mean we should completely forgo Valentines but in the end Jeff came through! He brought home this beautiful orchid stem along with dinner for our sweet girl and I. It might not be what Hallmark envisioned but it was a day full of love.

What are you grateful for today?

xo

1 comment: