Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dirty Dancing

{my mini-me: Valentine's bedtime snuggles}


So, the good news is I didn't puke (knock wood).

The bad news is we are all a little tired, a little on edge and a lot in need of a glass of wine (Violet excluded).

After a rocky start to the dinner hour which began by Violet saying to me "you make me feel hideous" by which she meant angry (hideous is just one of the worst words that she knows - burn), we pulled ourselves together and managed to enjoy a lovely dinner of take out sushi followed by some sugary chocolate in the shape of hearts. Coupled with a special bottle of wine we were given as a wedding gift, the evening was officially resurrected.

But it was walking into Violet's bedroom and seeing her and Jeff practicing the lift (yes, the dance move from the classic 80's rom com Dirty Dancing) that really made my day. He was actually playing The Time of my Life from his iphone.

I couldn't make this stuff up.

After that, yes -- yes I'll be your Valentine Jeff!

Here are a few snaps of my other Valentine this morning before school.

xo

{doe-eyed}
{bows}
{contentment (albiet momentary)} 



No comments:

Post a Comment