Monday, February 6, 2012

secret heart

Last night I put on high heels. I also wore lipstick, it was called Roman Holiday. I felt like my old self again, the version of me who wore cute clothes, went out for drinks and got pedicures. It felt great.

This morning the old version of me wanted to kill the new version of me. The new version had committed to meeting my neighbour for a 5:30 am run -- she normally goes to bed early.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the lazy mornings and long brunches, the midday yoga classes and the shopping. I definitely miss the shopping. Oh and my feet really, really miss the pedicures.

As I tucked Violet into bed tonight, she whispered to me, "Mum you really wear me out, but I love you anyway." It is a line from her favourite Olivia book.

I wouldn't trade that moment for all the free time in the world.

But ask me how I feel tomorrow. Sometimes I am more open to trades than others!

xo

{tired but happy before the Ron Sexsmith concert}

No comments:

Post a Comment