Tuesday, April 10, 2012

when I grow up

{daydream believer}
Last night as I lay in bed with Violet we began talking about what she wants to be when she grows up. It turns out she would like to be either a queen or a bear. Both of those are good options I suppose. I am trying to convince her to be an anesthesiologist or an architect, but hey, whatever makes her happy.

When I was a little girl I wanted to be a teacher. Now I am not so sure. Jeff just smiles when I come up with a new career I think I should embark on. Since we've been married I have considered: going back to school to study journalism; taking the fitness test to become an RCMP officer; training to be a yoga teacher; and buying a food truck. I guess those aren't completely crazy ideas considering my hobbies.

I've actually heard you should think about what you like doing in your spare time and try to make a career out of it. Does anyone know how to become a professional lounger? I guess becoming a Senator would fit the bill -- ba-dum ching!

I suppose I shouldn't rule out a career as a stand up comic...

Maybe I should follow Violet's lead, I don't think I would mind being a queen, not at all. Jeffrey would concur that I spend a lot of my free time acting like one!

xo

Em






3 comments:

  1. Amazing! You are a real hoot, you are! I have several resumes out there as a professional napper, and as a bulldog obsessed maniac. I'll let you know if anything comes of that...

    On another note, I think you would KILL any and all of those career choices. Just saying...

    Violet is already a princess so she should focus on her energy on the bear idea. That seems interesting... tell her I say good luck :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aja! I think you have a better chance finding you calling as a bulldog obsessed maniac than a professional napper. Although, for what it is worth, you are by far the best napper I have ever had the pleasure of knowing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love them! When there was time...I wish there was 25 hours in a day and one of those 25 hours was devoted to a nap. You know, now that I think of it, perhaps I should get some resumes out looking for professional wisher of things that will never happen. I am REALLY good at that.

    ReplyDelete