Monday, May 7, 2012

surprise!

{being silly in front of our cabin}

Jeff's birthday is in a few weeks and since we plan on being in Prince Edward Island with extended family on his big day, I decided I would surprise him with a night away this weekend.

My parents agreed to take the wee one while we headed down Nova Scotia's South shore to a cabin right on the ocean. Oceanstone is a gorgeous resort about 45 minutes outside Halifax, I had heard it was really nice and I couldn't wait to check it out. It is under new ownership, which meant lots of unexpected construction when we arrived, but other than that the night away was perfect.

It is so nice to be reminded how much fun your partner is when it is just the two of you. Not that Jeff isn't fun all the time (or at least most of the time), it is just nice to be able to give each other undivided attention.

We packed a lot into 24 hours: we drove to Lunenburg twice (we love it there), we had drinks on the beach (wine in the evening, coffee in the morning) and we played a competitive round of Phase Ten as the sun set, because we are crazy like that. All in all it was an awesome night away and a great way to celebrate Jeff's birthday (if I do say so myself).

We retuned home to find a happy little girl, who hardly missed us but was kind enough to wait for our return to unleash a horrible stomach bug. Last night at around 2:00 am our bathroom looked like a university residence during frosh week -- disgusting. Laundry + a little steep + a lot of Tilex = a brighter start to the week than I envisioned last night.

I am happy to be home, puke and all!

xo

Em

{an ocean view from bed}

{a cozy fire and an ocean breeze}

No comments:

Post a Comment