Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Oh September



Violet and I were planning on attending the wedding of a very dear friend this past weekend. It didn't happen. I was heartbroken. I would have been perfectly satisfied spending the long weekend moping, preferably in my pjs and definitely in my bed. Having a child is such an inconvenience when a good mope is in order. My sweet husband, hating to see his wife in distress, basically forced us to get in the car and head to PEI.

You're always happy in PEI, he said. I couldn't argue with that.

Although my heart was in Calgary this past weekend, my family members loaned me theirs in PEI. Isn't that a lovely image? I read something similar in a book I read recently, so I can't really take credit for it, but it does capture how I felt these past few days.

Despite my best intentions to wallow we had a great weekend complete with beach visits, my Pop's famous scrambled eggs and the making of "four generation" chow chow. Have you ever had chow chow? Green tomato chow? Oh my glory, it is delicious. Commonly served with salted fish, I like the stuff dumped on almost anything including all meat and most veggies. I don't want to make you jealous, but Jeff even cut up all the onions for us -- and we made a double batch. That is true love.

Jeff was right, I am always happy in PEI.

September is upon us. Bring on the fresh stationary and new beginnings.

xo

{making chow in our jam jams}

{the final product}

{every day is a day at the beach with Pop}

{beach bum}

{the last cone of the summer, Papa made it a doozy with chocolate and sprinkles}



No comments:

Post a Comment