Friday, October 26, 2012

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Mitt Romney stole my catch phrase!

Actually, Mitt Romney and I stole the phrase from Friday Night Lights (which I have never seen; I heard the phrase from my husband who was trying to inspire Violet during toddler indoor soccer). For some reason no one seemed to mind when I did it...

I kind of forgot about my weekly "things that make me happy post", but I figured now is as good a time as any to reserect the idea.

I've also added a few links for you at the end of the post. Some of my favourite blogs do this at the end of the week and I always look forward to it. Let me know if you like it or not.

xo

Em

{mini & maxi halloween inspired nails}
Some people would pause before painting their toddler's nails black. Those people probably balk at the idea of using a flat iron on a child or giving them sips of diet coke. I don't think those people would like me very much.

{red tights}
I asked Jeff to pick me up some tights at American Apparel this week. I tried the Joe Fresh variety a few weeks ago and they lastest exactly one day -- less if you take into account the fact the got a run in them the first morning I wore them.

Sweet Jeff didn't know the difference between tights and leggings (fair mistake, I do use the terms interchangeably). He came home with two pairs of overpriced leggings. Even though he returned them that night they wouldn't give him his money back. Isn't that brutal? I got new tights and now Jeff has an American Apparel gift card. I foresee a Christmas sock full of brightly colored cotton!

{ground turkey on a pizza}
What next hot dogs? I saw a recipe for pizza with ground turkey, roasted red peppers and goat cheese -- sounds good right. We invited my parents over and gave it a try. It was good -- sausage would have been better, but it wouldn't have been as healthy I suppose.

{feed me!}

Violet asked me to take this picture of her. I was trying to teach her to put her napkin on her lap when she ate. She did not think that was a good idea -- instead this was her suggestion...

Have a great weekend and check out these links:

Lena on Obama

I'm glad it is not just me (though I am short and I still can't do one)

this made me cry  

I'm for sure making this on the weekend

cutest ever pantry storage


No comments:

Post a Comment