Thursday, November 8, 2012

baby it's cold outside

{chili for a chilly night}
I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. The rainy walk to work didn't help my mood. I was cold all day and the scarf I wore didn't match my outfit so I hated having to wear it around my office (#firstworldproblems, I know, I know). And poor Jeffrey, he could do no right, dear man. At one point this morning before work when I was bickering with him Violet actually said to the two of us, "stop it guys, you are the grown-ups." Nothing like being told by a three year old. Sadly, she was right.

It rained on my walk home today too so I decided to make chili for supper to warm my family and I up, and ask for their forgiveness for my bad mood. I think it worked because Violet asked me to make chili at Christmas, which means it must be really special and Jeff gave me a big hug.

Hugs and chili, not a bad ending to a dreary day.

xo

the recipe I used to make chili, which was quick, easy and yummy can be found here: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2007/07/a-mea-culpa-meal/
Em



No comments:

Post a Comment