Wednesday, November 14, 2012

ballerina pile-up

{so you think you can dance 2020}
Saturday was parents' day at Violet's dance class. Violet has been so good lately my heart sank when I heard parents were going to be invited to observe. I'm not sure you remember the last in-class performance Violet partook in, but I for one am still scarred. I braced myself for some serious regression in terms of Violet's confidence and independence. Jeff was working so I cautiously invited my mum to come with me, but I warned her Violet may end up in another hot puddle of tears. Being the world's best nana, my mum assured me she didn't mind.

But, guess what?

Violet was a dream. She didn't seem to care at all that people were watching the class -- not even the dad's intimated her as she wiggled down the magic sidewalk (that is an actual activity they showed us). I was so proud of her listening skills (where are those at home?), her enthusiasm and the joy she exuded as she trotted, jumped and wiggled around the room.

This is what I had in mind when I signed her up for dance. Success!

Who knows what will happen during her concert in June, and really, who cares? I am just so pleased she is having fun right now.

Here are a few pictures from her "performance", including my personal favourite, the ballerina pile-up.

xo

Em

{nervous at first}


{warm up}

{that is a happy girl}


{there is a lot of running}


{one}

{two}

{three: ballerina pile up!}

No comments:

Post a Comment