Saturday, February 9, 2013

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

It snowed! A lot! I think it is freezing raining at the moment, but I am hopeful the snow will return and we will have a bonafide snow day, not a Halifax slush day.

What a nice way to force everyone to slow down and hang out with family and friends. There is nowhere to go and nothing to do. Amazing. I'm making steel-cut oats for breakfast and the rest of the day is up in the air. So rare! I love it.

Here are a few things warming my heart this week.

Oh, and a few links for weekend reading.

As an islander I take a offense to a blonde Anne of Avonlea

Snow day reading from Zadie Smith, I love her

A calorie-free Valentine treat (hint hint)

Sequins make everything better

So now self-esteem is bad? I can't keep up!

Quick soft boiled egg instructions (see my egg below -- perfect)


{family snow day!}










{everyone loves banana bread}




{soft boiled egg on toast}
{any holiday that involves chocolate is fine in my books}


No comments:

Post a Comment