Friday, March 29, 2013

clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose


Oh, how I love a long weekend. Four whole days off, what a nice little break from the doldrums of winter. Pharmacy chocolate and roasted lamb, here we come! (I know Easter is about more than chocolate and roasted baby animals, I promise.)

We started the festivities with a neighbourhood egg hunt. Vi was pleased with her haul, and I was pleased with the sunshine. What a great start to what will hopefully prove to be a great long weekend. I love days when Violet is weepy at supper because she has run her little legs off all day. I can so deal with that sort of a tired girl.

On another note, Jeff and I started watching House of Cards last night on Netflix, have you seen it? I didn't love it right away, but now that we are a few episodes in I am totally into it. In fact, my sweet husband is beckoning me to watch an episode as we speak. He is deep in study mode so I have to take advantage of every moment I get to spend with him (never mind the fact I almost always fall asleep when we watch anything past 7:00 pm -- no joke.)

Have a lovely evening friends!

Here is some scintillating reading for all your spare time this weekend:

Egg white mcmuffins? Terrible idea. If you are going to go for it, really go for it. 

Freeze your own pizzas 

I've never had banana cream pie, but this sounds so good

Why can't we be happy for other women? 

I'm obsessed with this article 

I've heard this series is like Gilmore Girls. Must watch ASAP.

Useful baking tips. Thanks Kristen! 


xo

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment