Thursday, April 18, 2013

Banana oat muffins (aka I don't want to pack)


I don't normally eat gluten-free or sugar-free. Why start now? I am obviously procrastinating because I move in exactly one week. ONE WEEK! I have packed a total of four boxes (easy things to pack no less). Enough about that. I'm giving myself anxiety. Let's talk muffins.

I came across the recipe for these little gems yesterday on one of my daily reads (here). They are super-duper easy and really tasty. They are gluten-free (make sure to use gf oats) and sugar free (until you add the chocolate chips). Okay, so they are gluten-free if you try hard and not quite sugar-free, but they are better than a cupcake. Baby steps.

Vi and I whipped these up while I was making super, they are that easy. They are kid friendly too -- you put everything in one bowl and stir. Violet basically made these herself. We were a little heavy handed with the chocolate chips, but if you subbed in berries or nuts these would be a delicious breakfast to-go. Violet is so not a morning person (her only genetic difference from me) and it is hard to get her to eat before school. Think of how much packing I can avoid if I make these every few days. All in the name of a nutritious start to the day for my girl, of course!

If any of you have something you really ought to be doing, I hope these help you procrastinate and much as they have helped me (#payitforward).

Here is the recipe. I made a few little changes from the link I provided above:

ingredients:
2 1/2 C raw oats
1 cup full fat plain yogurt
1/4 C honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
a handful of chocolate chips (I added two, I have a problem)

method:

dump everything in a mixing bowl and let your kid stir. pour into paper lined muffin cups and bake for 18 minutes at 400. I made 11 big muffins.


pretty cups make everything better

^^I told you the recipe made 11

yummy and oh so easy


xo

Em


No comments:

Post a Comment