Wednesday, May 29, 2013

a conundrum

^^^this is how you do ballet in Halifax
So I haven't been blogging as much lately (just in case you hadn't noticed/ just in case you hadn't rearranged your whole calendar because of all your newly freed up time). I just haven't been feeling it. I don't know if it is the move, or the time of year, or the fact Jeff is in major study mode, but I haven't felt like firing up the laptop at the end of the day as of late. Sometimes I feel really guilty when I spend time thinking about what to share with you beautiful people instead of focusing on the beautiful people right in front of me.

I love writing and I like taking pictures of things -- I also really appreciate all the kind things you've said to me over the last year or so (year and a half? Time flies, no?). It is just that sometimes I fret over what to blog about instead of just enjoying time with my family, my husband or even just myself. Anyway, I'm not giving up on this here blog, I'm just trying to make room for her in my life. These things can be done, but not without effort, and lately I just haven't had the "get up and go" to "get down and do it". That isn't me. I am a doer. I'm hoping I'm just in a rut and that I will snap back to my energetic, positive, try to do too much in a day self.

In other less melodramatic news, soccer started last night. Violet had a blast. I'm not sure you recall last year, but soccer was basically a disaster. There were tears. Tears upon tears, in fact. This year it was all smiles and giggles. It goes to show that a year can make a huge difference, and also that you should not beg people to let your child into an activity they are too young for (opps! But she was such a mature three year old....ha!)

In more annoying news, we're already experiencing homeowners strife. We've had hot water issues of the no hot water variety. A cold bath is not like the Canada Games Centre -- just ask Violet. (Yes, that is how I tried to pitch it to her. The approach failed miserably). Hopefully we get some warm water soon, but in the meantime I have never been happier my parents live only a few blocks away!

And finally and more positively,Violet's end of the year dance recital is this weekend. We're making a family affair of it and despite the fact the tickets ran me over $100 I am pretty pumped about it. (You read that right. Is that not absolutely shocking?)

Sunny days, ballet, soccer, lots to write about, lots to be thankful for. Thank you for reminding me of that tonight.

xo

Em

^^^^same pose, different sport. When it works for you, it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment