Tuesday, July 9, 2013

the summer of Violet's discontent






Is being four a thing? You know, like being two is a thing? Being four is totally a thing at our house. It is not that Violet is being particularly naughty, it is much, much worse than that. At times I feel like it is literally impossible to please her. (Jeff is possibly thinking I am getting my just desserts.) Tonight, for example, she was weepy throughout her soccer practice and then as soon as her coach called them in for a final huddle she burst into tears because it was over. Say what?! 

Vi just isn't feeling anything these days. In fact, one of her favourite catch phrases is, "I'm just not into {breakfast/ being outside/ baths/ you name it, she's bored with it}". Given the fact Violet wants for nothing I find new attitude a little hard to swallow. 

Aside from bad parenting, I've narrowed the cause of this bout of ennui down to either the extreme heat or our move. Violet is totally a cold weather person. She loves winter and has already begun to plan for Christmas and her February birthday party. As far as the move goes, I'm really grasping at straws here.

Did anyone else's children go through this? I thought ages four - thirteen would be smooth sailing. It feels more like we have a thirteen year old in our house now. I don't think I can handle fifteen more years of thirteen year old behaviour.

Help!

xo

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment