Monday, September 9, 2013

healthy pumpkin pancakes




Our oven still doesn't work. I have no further comment on the subject.

Onward and upward, or in other words pumpkin pancakes. I adapted this recipe from one I found online. I tried to make them as healthy as possible since they are the way my sweet girl starts her day. I obviously had to try one before I sent her to school with them tomorrow and they are awesome! They are not as good as my favourite pumpkin muffins (tear), but they're giving me my pumpkin fix and they cost a lot less than a pumpkin spice latte!

Enjoy!

xo

Em

Violet's healthy pumpkin pancakes:

Ingredients:
1 cup ww flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp apple sauce
1 cup milk (I used skim)
1/3 cup of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)

Method:
Mix dry ingredients. In another bowl mix wet ingredients. Add wet mix to dry. Stir it up, baby. Cook just like every other pancake -- I used a little butter and a frying pan on medium heat. They are really puffy, so they take a little longer than a standard pancake.

Serve with maple syrup or whatever else floats your boat -- maybe some baked apples would be yummy...


**UPDATE: I just realized I have blogged about pumpkin pancakes before! Next time I look for a recipe online, I'll start here! I forgot about the pancake craze of 2012. Wow. That is quite something!

{hello warm spices, where have you been all summer?}

{is there anything cuter than an egg?}

{pumpkin season is officially open!}

3 comments:

  1. Could you share the link for pumpkin muffins?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, Nat! I'll add the link above, but here it is. These are unreal:

    http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2006/10/promise-keeper-pumpkin-eater/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete