Wednesday, October 2, 2013

One of those days

{Violet has those days too}
Yesterday was one of those days. I had planned a really upbeat blog post filling y'all in on the goings on of our pleasant weekend, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Our weekend was lovely, that part would have been true, but to try to be upbeat by the end of the night felt literally* impossible.

I've written complain-y blog posts before, but since this is my corner of the interweb I suppose it is my prerogative to do it again. And I will.

It was raining a torrent yesterday, never a good start to the day for this crazy haired lady. But if I let the weather spoil my day, the bad days would out number the good ones so like the hero I am, I pressed on. But then I spilled coffee (with milk in it) inside my work bag. How does that even happen? My wallet, sunglasses, book, and the piles of other crap I carry to and from work with me were all soaked. Soaked first, stinky second. Ew. Hmmm, what else. Oh, the man I sat next to on the bus (keep in mind I am soaking wet with a stinky briefcase and a poor attitude at this point) wanted to chat. The nerve. I try to be friendly on the bus try to bring a novel with me so I can avoid these sorts of chats, but it was covered in coffee and the binding was actually disintegrating. In hindsight, reading a coffee soaked book would have been preferable to talking to some man about the difference between BC rain and NS rain.When I got home from work I had the intention of making paninis with the chicken we bought at the market on Saturday. I had taken chicken out of the freezer the night before, but, in defiance of the laws of science and me, the chicken remained rock hard. I had a tomato sandwich. Violet and Jeff ate the cured meat I bought for pizza night.

Okay, so this is not the worst day ever, but it certainly was one of "those" days.

I tried to rally by having a cookie and looking at pinterest, but not even chocolate could salvage the day at that point. I went to bed before 9:00 pm.

Today has been much better. The sun shone. My coffee stayed in my cup. All was well in the world.

How about you, have you had any of *those days* recently? They do make for better stories, I'll give them that.

xo

Em


* I love Parks & Rec

No comments:

Post a Comment